Hello GEMmers –

We are a free entry venue with a desk staffed by volunteers. Lately we are finding that we are having more and more groups coming to the centre on self-guided visits (normally ESOL students). Although it is nice to have them, they are using our facilities, treading in mud and discouraging other visitors from entering – but usually without buying anything in our shop; so we are nice and busy but getting no monetary return.

Do any other free entry venues make a nominal fee or ask for a recommended donation for these sorts of self-guided groups? How do you manage that? (We do ask that groups book ahead, but it seems to be about 50/50 on that happening.)

Yours scroogily,

Laura Hilton

Visitor Services Manager

Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust

Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA

0117 974 4664

www.cliftonbridge.org.uk

Facebook: www.facebook.com/brunelsbridge

Twitter: www.twitter.com/brunelsbridge

Registered Charity No. 205658

Logo

Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust: This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +