The Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Interpretive Master Planning Courses for 2018

An interpretive master plan is one of the most important documents any interpretive organization, site, park or heritage entity can have.  It provides an in-depth analysis of the sites stories, theme, objectives, audiences and long/short term interpretive development  and phasing needs.  Interpretive plans are also a key document for use in writing for grants for enacting recommended new interpretive services, exhibits and related media.

It is the goal of these courses to help participants develop a detailed working draft interpretive plan for their site or organization.  You can start the course at any time and work through the course (working on your actual interpretive planning project) at your own pace.

We (John Veverka & Assoc.)were recently notified that the interpretive plan we were contracted to develop for Clemson University, with our partner landscape architects, Boudreaux, has been awarded a 2018 Preservation Service Award from the Office of the Governor, Preservation South Carolina and the SC Department of Archives and History!!!  (John Veverka – HITC).

Participation in our interpretive planning courses includes:
- Copies of our interpretive planning text e-book two volume set.
- YouTube video instructions for each course unit.
- Copies of completed interpretive plans for examples.
- Other interpretive planning handout materials.
- Step-by-step planning strategy for each course Unit walks you through each unit assignments.
- Contact with the course coach when you need to chat via e-mail, phone or SKYPE. (Lots of
   hand-holding as neededJ)

Our instructors are certified interpretive planners, with M.S. and PhD degrees majoring specifically in Heritage Interpretation and with over 30 years of dedicated interpretive planning experiences.

Visit the individual course web sites for content details.  Our interpretive planning courses include:

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00
This is our basic Interpretive Planning course and the same course that I taught at Ohio State University, Michigan State University, and for contract training world-wide. This course is updated yearly to reflect new interpretive media, marketing approaches and media/new technology costs.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html

Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens. 12 Units -3 CEU credits $225.00 USD http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_planning_for_historic_homes.html

Interpretive Planning for Botanical Gardens and Arboretums.
11 Units - 3 CEU credits, $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_botanical_gardens.html

Interpretive Planning for Historic Farms and Agricultural Sites
13 Units - 4 CEU credits, $300.00  My first interpretive plan years ago was for Malabar Farm State Historic Site in Ohio, and was the base for the first interpretive planning text book ever available (Malabar Farm - An Interpretive Planning Process - 1978).  It was used as the interpretive MP course at OSU for many years.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_historic_farms.html

Advanced Interpretive Master Planning. 14 Units, 2.5 CEU Credits, $250.00
Advanced Interpretive Planning focuses on regional interpretive systems planning (planning for more than one park or site within the agency), developing large scale regional landscape museums, and other advanced planning strategies.  A copy of our new Advanced Interpretive Planning text book is included.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/advanced_interpretive_planning.html

We offer 39 college level courses in heritage interpretation.  You can review our course catalog at: http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

These courses can also be taken by “planning teams” as well, working on one focused project or different individual projects.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me:

John A. Veverka
Certified Interpretive Planner/Trainer
Director, HITC

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +