Jiyang,

Yes, that could be an issue if you are attempting to quantify within structures. The GM ROI is certainly sparse and was largely aimed at getting a robust whole brain mean GM CBF with reduced PV effect. It may well be that you accept a lower GM threshold for that case. In practice, if you simply use a low GM threshold you might find more between subject variability due to PV effects - although these will also tend to average out by taking the mean over a whole lobe.

Michael