Dear All,

The Russian Sociological Review (sociologica.hse.ru/en), an international
peer-reviewed academic journal published by the National Research
University — Higher School of Economics (www.hse.ru), invites contributions
from philosophy, social sciences and cognate fields for the special issue
 entitled

*The Contemporary Relevance of a Classic: *

*Max Weber in the 21st Century*

Max Weber is a highly relevant social theoretician for the 21st century as
> his concepts and metaphors are still appropriate in emerging contexts. As a
> classic he is important for sociological education; as a theoretician he
> still provides scholars with opportunities to re- veal much about the
> current state of the art. Within this pragmatic exploitation, Weber is not
> an unquestionable figure in the sociological classical pantheon—his
> writings are subject to criticism and a problem-focused examination within
> the studies of the social realities of the 21st century.
>

> On January 28, 1919 Weber gave a lecture *Politics as a Vocation* to the
> members of Bavarian branch of the Free Students Union. The lecture became
> one of the key writings for the understanding of politics in the modern
> era. These two lectures on vocation construct a framework for novel
> reflections on the relevance and efficiency of Weber’s ideas.

> On the occasion of centenary of the second lecture the Centre for
> Fundamental Sociology will host an international conference with a
> provisional title Weber and Contemporary Politics. In anticipation of the
> event, we would like to announce *a call for papers for a special issue*
> of the Russian Sociological Review. We welcome papers on the following
> topics:

— the idea and problem of modernity;
> — ethics and politics, ethics and science in the contemporary era;
> — “heartless professionals”: universal trend and regional specificity;
> — parliamentarism, plebiscitary democracy and presidential governance;
> — genuine and alleged constitutionalism;
> — sociology of journalism and ethical foundations of vocational labor.

The deadline for the abstract submission is *July 1, 2018.*

See full cfp and schedule :
https://sociologica.hse.ru/en/news/217990557.html

Please share among your colleagues and those who may be interested in the
topic.

Kind regards,

Nail Farkhatdinov,

Editorial Team