Dear colleagues,

Thank you to all those who participated in the Jisc meeting on the 25th April at the Studio in Birmingham.  All presentations are now available from https://www.jisc.ac.uk/events/student-experience-experts-group-meeting-25-apr-2018

We had a packed agenda and excellent discussions on how institutions are supporting data informed curriculum design and delivery led by Sarah Davies.

We heard from Lisa Gray and Heather Price on the latest developments on our Digital capability discovery tool and from Gunter Saunders at the University of Westminster and Penny Langford from Milton Keynes College on how the Digital discovery tool is supporting their staff with the development of their digital capabilities.

Professor Paul Bartholomew, PVC of Ulster University, presented the keynote on his work on institutional approaches to curriculum design which is well worth a view on our Periscope recording here (https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djxXdOYqlXxZ )

Lisa Gray also presented on the outcomes of a Jisc review on how technology can support the delivery of higher degree apprenticeships.

In addition we had 3 excellent members showcase sessions:

Showcase 1:  How to provide effective feedback to individual students, in large cohorts, on their examinations, without increasing the time it takes to mark each paper
Andy Grayson, Associate Professor, Social Sciences, Nottingham Trent University

Showcase 2:  Challenges of designing Learner Dashboards
Dr Liz Bennett, Director of Learning and Teaching School of Education and Professional Development, University of Huddersfield

Showcase 3: Developing the Blended Learning Consortium

Peter Kilkoyne, ILT Director, Heart of Worcestershire College

You can add to and view reflections’ from the day on the padlet and view the series of tweets using the #jiscexperts18 tag in the Storify https://storify.com/sarahknight/jisc-student-experience-experts-meeting-25th-april

Useful Jisc links and resources mentioned in the meeting:

Thank you for your continued support of this valued group and we look forward to our seeing you again at our next meeting on 18th October 2018 in Birmingham.

Kind regards,
Sarah

Jisc

Sarah Knight

Head of Change: Student Experience

M 077 477 679 44
Skype Sarahkjisc
Twitter @sarahknight
One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA

Please note I only work Monday - Thursday

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86 Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. jisc.ac.uk