Good afternoon,

Does anyone have any advice or experience making plays accessible for blind students.

We can usually source PDF copies, but we have an Acting degree student trying to access a Shakespeare play with footnotes.  Our library has sourced a PDF, but no accessible copy of the play can be found with footnotes included.  We’ve tried Kurzweil,  but it doesn’t appear to be able to accurately decipher the play and footnotes.  Student doesn’t use braille.

Anyone any advice?

Many thanks

Clara

Clara Hall - (Mon, Tue & Wed)

Disability Co-ordinator

Royal Central School of Speech & Drama

LEARNING CENTRE | 64 Eton Avenue | Swiss Cottage | London | NW3 3HY

W: http://www.cssd.ac.uk/content/learning-centre

T: +44 (0) 20 7559 3992 internally ext 2292

DISCLAIMER : This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain information which is privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.