Hi Holly and all,

My experiences both here in the US and South Africa is that this is quite rare: instructors (faculty, adjuncts, grad students) are expected to put together their own courses, selecting textbooks, making up assignments, etc.  Especially for upper level courses if you don't want to/there isn't an obvious textbook choice, it can be quite time consuming, and there's often pressure to teach several different ones in the early years.

Hopefully the resource over time can evolve to include assignments, reflections on textbooks, info about open access texts, etc. that can continue to make it easier to know what's happening elsewhere and learn from each other, but starting simple for now!

Kind regards,

Mary

Mary Lawhon
Assistant Professor
Department of Geography and Environmental Sustainability
University of Oklahoma