Hi all,

I am offer a Workshop on Online Engagement for Minority Scholars, namely thinking of our geographer of color, LGBTQ geographers, disabled geographers, women and gender non-conforming geographers, first-generation geographers, and immigrant geographers, as well as all other folks who identify as such. Because of a timing issue, I will only be able to offer one session on Tues from 2.40pm to 4.20pm.

The workshop will cover the following:
  • Why have a public online research presence

  • The amount of labor involved in a launch
  • The range of options involved
    • Academic publication websites/networks
    • Your own institutional digital repository
    • Personal website
  • Actually creating/refining an online digital presence
    • Google Scholar
    • Academia.edu
    • Your own institutional digital repository
    • ORCID
    • Visualize.me
  • The ethics/data sharing/copyright issues/pleasures involved with each platform
In order to gauge how many folks plan to come to the workshop, I made a signup sheet here. If this actually turns into something of interest to our geography community, I (and others I will woo, you know you are out there) will offer future workshops so please don't feel that this year is the only option!

All best,
Jack

--
Jen Jack Gieseking
Assistant Professor of Public Humanities