Thank you for replay,

the main point is that my colleague made mistake and have calculated
wrong record length (calculated record length correctly, but did not use
'-assume byterecl' flag). Then wrote data without the flag. I would like
to fix it using record length based on bytes. For example for real*8
array with 10 elements:

1) his record length (SRL) is 10*8*4 = 320

2) based on bytes record length (DRL) should be 10*8=80

How can i read data based on SRL and write is based on DRL.

I tried to read it using recl=320 but it does not work (it saves data,
but i am not able to read it using different sofware).

thanks,

Jaromir