Long alkyl chains tend to bad things to hang onto any compound, if it's to be biologically useful.  Go consult your friendly local medicinal chemist, chances are they'll freak out.

Anyway, long alkyl chains LOVE binding to surfaces, which is of course exactly the sort of thing that generates the signal in SPR.  Go consult your friendly local SPR ligand-binding expert, chances are they'll point to a number of red flags in your readout - not least the fact that it's a massive outlier in the chemical series (if I understood your correctly.)

Frank

On 27/04/2018 10:00, Barone, Matthias wrote:

we also do structure-activity relationship and rational drug design. And I agree with Christian: never rely on one single method and try to include a homogenous assay, such as ITC or FT. you mention a tyrosine involved in the binding pocket. Did you try to track the Tyr in FT?

best, matthias

From: CCP4 bulletin board <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Christian Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:00:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Compound with flexible conformation but nM Kd

Anectodal evidence I have heard from colleagues working with things, which are immobilized is that the measured Kd value on the surface can be wildly different from what is measured in solution. A superbinder on a surface might not be as good in solution. There seems still a lot of debate why that is.

Cheers
Christian