CAS50 EXHIBITION: CELEBRATING FIFTY YEARS OF THE COMPUTER ARTS SOCIETY
LCB Depot, Leicester, LE1 1RE

Exhibition 21st May 2018 - 13th June 2018
Opening Event 23rd May 2018 7pm - 9pm
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Friday 25th May until 9pm
Saturday 9th June 11am - 4pm

http://interactdigitalarts.uk/cas50
https://www.facebook.com/events/2084103658283526/

The Computer Arts Society was established in the UK in 1968 by George Mallen, Alan Sutcliffe and John Lansdown and pioneered the development of computer arts in the UK and worldwide.

To celebrate 50 years since the founding of the society we will be supporting a number of events and activities in 2018 and 2019. This will include a celebratory CAS50 exhibition, multiple symposia, live events and a conference panel. We will also be undertaking a major revamp of our website and adding new archival and contemporary computer art materials.

The first showing of the exhibition will be in Leicester from 23rd May until 13th June 2018. It will feature work by Stephen Bell, Peter Beyls, Desmond Henry, Ernest Edmonds, Sean Clark, Paul Brown, William Latham, boredomresearch, Sue Gollifer, Stephen Scrivener, Daniel Brown and Andy Lomas.

Other showings are planned and we are looking for venues/galleries interested in taking the exhibition over the coming year. Please get in touch if you are interested.

Please see http://computer-arts-society.com/cas50 for the latest information about the whole CAS50 programme

CAS ONLINE ARCHIVE

We have been busy updating the CAS Online Archives and you will now find an extensive library of CAS-related documents at http://computer-arts-society.com/archive. This includes, for the first time, a complete set of PAGE Bulletins available to download for FREE in PDF format.

Contributions to the archive are sought, if you have any CAS-related materials that you would be happy for us to digitise and make available please let us know. We are particularly interested in early film and video materials.

CAS YOUTUBE CHANNEL

There is now a CAS YouTube Channel at http://computer-arts-society.com/castube This is still new, but there is an informative introduction to Computer Art by our Chair, Nick Lambert, for you to watch. Plus we have created lots playlists of pre-existing YouTube videos  covering many past and present computer artists. This channel will be growing rapidly as we document CAS50. We're looking for a curator of the channel if anybody is interested?

Stay tuned for more news - CAS50 is going to be a great year!

http://computer-arts-society.com/

Sean Clark
CAS50 Coordinator
Computer Arts Society