Hi Roger,

No. In Basic, do you get the dropdown list at the top of the inbox filtering out just “Group A” for marking if it’s anonymous (see attachment)

In Direct, if it’s set to anonymous, that drop down list isn’t there.

It’s a bit of a palaver, really as this is what I have found.
1: If you use the “Blackboard Groups” when you’re setting up the assignment, it will, in fact accept work from *any* student, but only show to the markers those in group 1.

2: If you use adaptive release, then only students in group 1 can see the link.

I’d started off using both BB groups when I set them up & adaptive release for making sure the students got the correct area. Trouble was, if there was a mismatch between the group in the assignment & the adaptive release, then students would upload & staff would never see. So I’ve now changed the advice to create as many assignments as you have markers, & use the adaptive release for allowing the correct students to see the correct submission box. (That’s also useful if students change groups for whatever reason, the marker can always see the work)

The grade centre is also a bit of a pain, as I’ve had to create calculated columns based on all the assignments (and we have some modules with 16 markers …) – so you don’t discover who’s not submitted till it’s all collated.

Feel free to contact me directly if that doesn’t make sense! (Or is basic just about the same?)

Emma

--

Emma Duke-Williams

Educational Technologist