Dear Listserv

We are reviewing our holdings of rate books and would like to know if any other archive service has re-appraised their long term value. If so, what decision did you come to?

Have you done any sampling or chosen to keep them all up to or after a certain date? How extensive is your collection of rate books? Are you considering digitisation with a view to disposal?

We have searched Archives NRA for other posts on this topic and found an email about weeding valuation lists from 2003, which also gives a summary of one service’s approach to rate books but we would be interesting in hearing about a wider range of strategies.

Thanks and best wishes,

Diane Hodgson