Dear All

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Michelle Grant and I am in the HR Assistant at the Royal Air Force Museum in London.

I would like to circulate a job opportunity which may be of interest to someone or which could be passed onto someone looking for something like this.

We are looking for a Conservation Manager (new post) as per our advert below:

Conservation Manager

Permanent

Full-time basis

c£31,000 per annum
Colindale, NW London

The Royal Air Force Museum is a National Museum that tells the story of the RAF through its people and collections.

Our Conservation Manager role is an exciting new opportunity to lead a dedicated team within the Museum's Collections Services department. This team will play a leading role in the continuing transformation of the RAF Museum as it marks the centenary of the Royal Air Force.

The post holder will manage the development and delivery of conservation projects and facilities at the Museum's London site. In support of the Museum's collections development and exhibition programmes they will manage a range of activities to ensure the preservation of collections whilst promoting wider public access to the RAF story and greater volunteer engagement.

A relevant conservation or engineering qualification or demonstrable experience in managing and preserving aircraft or other large industrial objects within a heritage, commercial or military environment are essential. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of conservation or engineering standards.

The post will be based in Colindale, NW London. Some weekend and evening working and travel between Museum sites and to other institutions in the UK and overseas will be necessary.

To apply:

  *   Please see download the full job description from our website: https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/conservation-mgr/

  *   Please send us your CV and cover letter to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with 'Conservation Manager' on the subject line.

  *   Closing date for applications:             Sunday 6 May 2018 at 9pm

  *   Interviews will take place on:              Friday 18 May 2018

Kind regards

Michelle Grant Assoc CIPD
HR Assistant
Royal Air Force Museum
T: 020 8358 4843
www.rafmuseum.org<http://www.rafmuseum.org/>

[http://s8.postimg.org/d13r8zbw5/rafmuseumshop.jpg]<http://rafmuseumshop.com>

[Facebook]<https://facebook.com/rafmuseum> [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/rafmuseum>  [Youtube] <https://youtube.com/rafmuseum>  [Instagram] <https://instagram.com/rafmuseum>  [TripAdvisor] <http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186338-d215615-Reviews-The_Royal_Air_Force_Museum_London-London_England.html>

Please Note: This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential. If they have come to you in error; please reply to this e-mail and let us know. We have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail is free from any virus, though we advise the recipient should take their own steps to confirm this.