Hello Everyone

This thread is very pertinent to the GDPR related database things we are working on right now.

I’m interested in knowing what your thoughts are on:

a; the retention period for a Reader’s personal data after they have visited you : 3 years, 5 years or longer?  How far would you go back to check to
see if something was damaged or missing?

b; the Reader’s rights of erasure - should they be given the right to perform this themselves, or request erasure for staff to then check first? What
is your process to manage objections to this?  Does the right to protect the documents trump those of the Reader’s immediate erasure request?

All the best

--
James Grimster
Orangeleaf Systems Ltd