Community Cataloguing Archivist: Salary scale H (£21,268- £27,668)

(Please note: qualified archivists will start on a point within scale H which meets ARA’s salary recommendations)

Fixed term contract for 23 months, 37 hours a week

Gloucestershire Archives is looking for an enthusiastic Archivist with excellent people skills to appraise, arrange and catalogue community archives as part of our ’ For the Record’ project, supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

In your role you will supervise and support volunteers and project groups with community archives activities. You will also help with day-to-day management of archive collections and other resources (whether hardcopy or digital formats) preserved by Gloucestershire Archives.  You will  provide rota’d support to our Customer Services team and help to deliver the new Heritage Hub training programme.

This is a great opportunity to gain varied experience in a highly regarded accredited Archive Service.

For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Kate Maisey on 01452 425297

Closing date:  Sunday 29 April 2018 (midnight)

Interview date: Wednesday 9 May 2018

Please apply online via jobsgopublic https://myjobs.gloucestershire.gov.uk/pages/job_search_view.aspx?jobId=2665&JobIndex=1&categoryList=&minsal=0&maxsal=150000&workingPatternList=&services=&keywords=&PageIndex=1&Number=43

Reference 1/CC/18/235

Kate Maisey

Archives Development Manager
Gloucestershire Archives

01452 425297

kate.maisey@gloucestershire.gov.uk

Gloucestershire Archives, Clarence Row,
Alvin Street, Gloucester, GL1 3DW

cid:image001.jpg@01D321C3.43013BD0

To follow the progress of our Heritage Hub project, please see our blog and quarterly news sheet.

FB iconTwitter icon

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.