Dear Ines et Otto,

In fact I came across the mail I sent to the archaeobotanist list in
november 2013, with the pictures of underdevelopped hazelnuts (see
below). I did not remember that they were coming from different sites.
None of them is published. The first one, roman with the charred
hazelnut, is Nonant-le-Pin "Le Plessis", in Normandy, the second one
with the waterlogged hazelnuts is Marolles-sur-Seine "Ferme de la
Muette" (Ile-de-France), the hazelnuts come from a pond and a well,
respectively dated to Late neolithic (3100-2900 cal.BC) and the end of
Early Iron Age (620-475 BC).

Kind regards, Françoise