Hi,

Data science, big data, business analytics … these are all buzz words in the industry at the moment and the hopes are high on what these areas will provide to our industry.

Cytel organized a long session about data science for the PSI conference 2018 in Amsterdam (learn more and register here: https://www.psiweb.org/psi-2018).

In this episode of The Effective Statistician (search for The Effective Statistician in your podcast app), we’ll speak about:

- Why is data science such a hot topic at the moment?
- How can we separate the different buzz words?
- Is this only something for google, amazon and such companies?
- What distinguishes a statistician from a data scientist?
- What are the biggest areas of impact for data science?
- What case studies are there, where data science had a profound impact?
- Which problems you might face?
- Which role do visualization approaches play in data science?
- What’s the difference between “machine learning” and “deep learning”?
- What would a statistician need to know, in order to compete in this field?
- Where are good resources for this

Finally, we will dive into the sessions, which Cytel chairs as the main sponsor of the PSI conference. You’ll learn if this session is a good fit for you.

Visit
https://theeffectivestatistician.com/is-data-science-something-for-you-interview-with-cytel-statisticians-yannis-jemiai-and-rajat-mukherjee/

Or search for the effective statistician in your podcast app.

Ciao
Alexander

SIGNOFF allstat