From: ACB Point-of-Care Testing [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of KUA, Richard (PLYMOUTH HOSPITALS NHS TRUST - RK9)
Sent: 12 April 2018 16:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPAM] Re: UKAS Findings

Hello Trish

We would not be able to do this on our (UniPOC) software either.

My proposed solution is to calculate the true SD of the set of glucose meters from all the QC material run over a set time period.

Set the QC lock out more tightly that the 3SD normally allowed by our manufacturer.

The deviation permitted by the QC level should be less than an agreed maximum deviation set by users (in our case clinical leaders or POCT governance group).

This would in effect be a tighter level of control and should keep the deviation within a clinically insignificant range.

What do you think?

Kind Regards

Richard Kua
POCT Co-Ordinator