Dear Zooarchers

I'm on the field in North-east Honduras where I'm analizing the faunal
material from a Postclassical coastal midden (110-1500 AD) and I came
up with big amounts of shells. What I find interesting is the white,
flaky and  fragile appearance of almost all malacological material and
I think it might be due to termal affectations or due to sediment
conditions.
I have attached, in the link below, a picture of some oysters with
this composition to see if any of you have found something similar.
https://zooarchaeology.ning.com/photo/oysters-from-honduras-1?context=user#!/photo/oysters-from-honduras-1?context=user

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated.

Nayeli G. Jiménez Cano