Conference of the Journal of Languages, Texts and Society

Call for Papers

Thursday 14th and Friday 15th June 2018, University of Nottingham

Keynote Speakers: Geraldine Horan (UCL) and Islam Issa (BCU)

This conference, aimed at Postgraduate and Early Career Researchers and organised by the University of Nottingham’s Journal of Language, Texts and Society, seeks papers and posters on a wide range of topics related to the journal’s core themes. There will also be the opportunity to publish conference papers as articles in a special edition of the journal.

We welcome abstracts of up to 250 words and biographies of up to 50 words for conference papers of no more than 20 minutes or A2 posters related to the topic of the conference.

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

As a truly interdisciplinary journal, we welcome submissions not just from across the arts and humanities, but also from the sciences, medicine, law and other fields in line with our six key themes. For more information on the Research Priority Area and other projects, please visit the RPA website. For more information about the conference, please visit the Conference website.

Submit your abstract by Friday 23 March to [log in to unmask]

We seek to inform all applicants by Friday 20 April 2018

The Variationist List - discussion of everything related to variationist sociolinguistics.

To send messages to the VAR-L list (subscribers only), write to:

To unsubscribe from the VAR-L list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=VAR-L&A=1