hi Thomas,

please allow me to suggest and promote our work on this topic:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25304775
pdf : https://hal.inria.fr/file/index/docid/974190/filename/paper.pdf

it comes also with some code : https://github.com/fabianp/hrf_estimation

Sorry for the self promotion, but I think it can be relevant for your work.

Best,
Alex
--
Alexandre Gramfort, PhD
Inria, Université Paris-Saclay

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 5:17 PM, Thomas Cope <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear SPM community,

Is there any way to apply higher order autoregressive models than AR(1) during classical first level model estimation?

I am attempting to try out the methods described here: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7552348/​  for better deconvolution of my MVPA conditions in a rapid event-related design. The authors tell me that they implemented their higher order AR models using Bayesian estimation. I have tried this but, unfortunately, for my complex design and high resolution (1.4mm isotropic whole brain) data this seems computationally unfeasible - our high performance cluster has been working on a single subject for a week and is only half way through.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a way to either pre-process my data before estimation or to hack the SPM files to allow higher order AR without the need for Bayesian estimation?

Best wishes,

Thomas