Hello,

I am working with T1 structural MRI which I was trying to use SPM to Normalize. Unfortunately several of the images fail spectacularly to normalize correctly, in some cases even changing orientation. All images have fairly prominent white matter hypointensities. Is it possible this could be interfering with the normalization algorithm? Are there any steps I can take to possibly achieve better normalization? 5 out of 19 of the images failed to normalize in this manner.

I have an alternative program for image normalization, but it fails 100% of the time, almost certainly due to the extensive white matter hypointensities in this case, so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

- Eli

Houston Methodist. Leading Medicine. Houston Methodist is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the No. 1 hospital in Texas for patient care. Houston Methodist is nationally ranked in 8 specialties and is designated as a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing.  Visit us at  houstonmethodist.org. Follow us at  twitter.com/MethodistHosp and facebook.com/HoustonMethodist.  ***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*** This e-mail is the property of Houston Methodist and/or its relevant affiliates and may contain restricted and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.