Thank you for the email – this is to acknowledge receipt of your email.

This inbox will be regularly reviewed and emails read and responded to

From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 26/03/2018 12:25:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ARA Conference 2018 Bursaries

How we can help you attend conference?

The Archives and Records Association announces that members from the UK, Ireland and overseas can now apply for Conference bursaries to attend our annual conference. Non- members can apply for the Diversity bursary sponsored by kevinjbolton ltd.

The 2018 ARA Annual Conference will be held at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow from 29 August to 31 August 2018. Our theme is: 'People make records’ and the programme is now available on the conference website: http://conference.archives.org.uk/

Within the overall theme, each day will have its own separate theme: People in Records; People using Records; People looking after Records. The programme has parallel strands on Archives and Records, Digital, and Conservation. Each day will feature a Keynote Speech, and at the Information Village you see and discuss the latest ideas from companies and innovators in our sector. New this year are ‘Lightning Talks’ which will see people pitching their big idea in a fast-paced session, and we have given greater prominence to Poster Presentations. Practical and hands-on issues will be in the form of ‘30 Minute Makeovers’, and for those who wish to explore their creative side, Artist Archivist will be in residence. We will also be increasing our use of technology to offer a Tweetwall and voting in big debates.

Bursaries include full conference attendance (the 3-day programme, 2 nights’ accommodation and meals) and travel expenses of up to £100.

We have four types of bursary-

ARA Bursaries:

To apply you must be an individual member of the Association who has been a member for at least one year and who is, at the closing date for applications, either a student member, a full member, an overseas member or is registered on the conservation certificate course.

New Professionals Bursary

For members of the ARA Section for New Professionals who have never attended an ARA conference or received an ARA bursary of any sort.

Ancestry Bursary

This bursary is available through our Premier sponsors Ancestry.co.uk

Only members working in local authorities, or spin outs from local authorities, can apply. You must be an individual member of the Association, who has been a member for at least one year.

Diversity Bursary sponsored by kevinjbolton ltd

For members or non- members who have a Black and Minority Ethnic background

Full details of each bursary and the application form can be found at http://conference.archives.org.uk/bursaries

Deadline for applications 30th April 2018

---

Conference Committee

Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland)

www.archives.org.uk

www.learnaboutarchives.ie

www.communityarchives.org.uk

ARA Annual Conference 2018

Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

29 August – 31 August

Prioryfield House

20 Canon Street

Taunton

Somerset

TA1 1SW

The Information contained in this email is confidential. It is for the

exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and not for circulating

without agreement. If you are not the intended recipient(s) you are

hereby notified that any circulation or copying of this email is

strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed may be those of the

individual and not necessarily the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland).

Charity Registered in England and Wales Number 1041063

Charity Registered in Scotland Number SC041671

Registered Company Limited by Guarantee in England and Wales Number 2969472

Registered Office: Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate 1, Blackbrook

Business Park, Taunton, Somerset TA1 2PX

Wakefield Council spam filter - powered by Forcepoint. Click here to report this email as spam.

To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

The WMDC Disclaimer can be found at:

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/site/terms-and-conditions