Have you left the lab but want to return?

Had to put your career on ice and looking for a way to restart it?

If so, the Daphne Jackson Trust may be able to help.

-       2 year, part-time ( 0.5FTE) Daphne Jackson Fellowship opportunity with the John Innes Centre at the Norwich Research Park. As an internationally renowned centre of excellence for research in plant and microbial science, the John Innes Centre encourages flexible working to aid career development and holds a Gold Athena SWAN award in recognition of its commitment to equal opportunities.  For further details about the John Innes Centre please visit www.jic.ac.uk. To be considered for this opportunity please make sure you have contacted the person (Project Leader) you want to work with at JIC and once you have their agreement to host you. Closing date for applications is Monday 23rd April 2018.

-       2 year, part-time ( 0.5FTE) Daphne Jackson Fellowship opportunity at Newcastle University in the discipline of Electrical and Electronic Engineering within the School of Engineering.  The School holds a bronze Athena SWAN award in addition to the University’s Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. This Fellowship can be hosted by any one of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering discipline groups, namely, Electrical Power, Emerging Technologies and Materials, Intelligent Sensing and Communications, and Microsystems. Priority will be given to those wishing to conduct research in Biomedical Engineering, Energy, Information and Transportation.  Closing date for applications is Friday 6th April 2018.

To be eligible to apply for a Daphne Jackson Fellowships you need:

·          - a good first degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics subject

·          - a PhD qualification or proven experience in research prior to your career break (postdoctoral experience and publications are desirable)

·          - to have left research for family, caring or health reasons

·          - to have not held a paid research post for at least two continuous years at the time of application

For further details about these opportunities and the Trust’s fellowship scheme please visit www.daphnejackson.org. or ring the Daphne Jackson Trust on 01483 689166.

To apply please complete the CV and personal details information forms on the Daphne Jackson Trust website: Submitting your personal statement and CV stating clearly which opportunity you are applying for.

Posted by Elaine Hunt

Fellowship Officer

Watch our new video ‘What we do and how we make a difference’ on our YouTube channel highlighting how we make a huge difference to the lives of STEM career break returners!

The Daphne Jackson Trust

T 01483 689166 | www.daphnejackson.org | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Charity No. 1125867  Company No. 06621472

psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask]. If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)