Dear Luise,
Your concerns are rightful.
But you have to imagine a text that will encompass the aims and traditions of 48 different countries (The European Higher Education Area) with more that 30 different languages that represent roughly 800 million population and correspondent myriads of universities with Doctoral Programs ranging from Basque Philology to Applied Oncology…
My view is that the concerns you refer to are included not only "social or cultural advancement” but also in Technology. Just to give you an example: most of the alternative energy production systems (non fossil and non atomic) that we use in Europe are the result, direct or indirect, of doctoral research in European Universities.

In our area, Design precisely, the Politecnico Milano, not to mention many others, has excelled in the areas you mention, with no need of a special mention in the Dublin Descriptors.
Or just go to the Delft University of Technology website today and you will find that the thesis advertised have to do with what I’m saying.
Recently, the French President, Emanuel Macron made a plea in favor of climate change scientists to come to Europe.
I could stay here all day giving you examples that a scientific-technological culture of sustainability is totally embedded in our advanced research culture, with no need of special mention in such a general framing document as the Dublin Descriptors.
Best regards,

Eduardo Corte-Real
PhD Arch.
Associate Professor