From: Catherine Walling <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 15 March 2018 at 10:55
Subject: RE: Museum signifiance statements
To: Paolo Viscardi <[log in to unmask]>

On 14 March 2018 at 10:37, Catherine Walling <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

I wonder if you could suggest someone to help us.

We are currently nearing the end of an ACE-funded Resilience review which has included a pilot Collections Review. To complete this work, we would like some statements of significance on various areas of our collections, from nationally-recognised bodies.

One area is our natural history and geology – specifically probably the Hastings rarities specimens and some of the Wealden flora fossils. We have £500 to cover time, travel and accommodation.

Is this something you could put out to members, or suggest anyone we could approach? As is the nature of such funding, we need to commit it before end March but the work can be carried out in April/May.

I attach a list of Rarities specimens and a couple of links – one to our website re rarities and the other is best introduction to our fossil collection.

http://www.hmag.org.uk/collections/rarities/

https://geodiversitysussex.org.uk/treasures.php#Hastings

Many thanks

Cathy

Cathy Walling

Museum Curator

Hastings Museum & Art Gallery

Bohemia Road

Hastings

TN34 1ET

01424 451151

www.hmag.org.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient please telephone or email the sender and delete
this message and any attachments from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy this message and attachments, or
disclose the contents to any other person.

Although Hastings Borough Council has taken steps to ensure that this
message and any attachments are virus free, we can take no
responsibility if a virus is actually present. We advise you to carry
out your own virus check.

For further information about Hastings Borough Council please see our
website at http://www.hastings.gov.uk or refer to any Hastings Borough
Council office.
information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp