Greetings!

We are looking forward to another engaging "Software Engineering in and for the Molecular Sciences" session at the 2018 AIChE Annual Meeting in Pittsburgh. This year we are pleased to announce invited presentations from Dr. Sapna Sarupria (Clemson) and Dr. Geoffrey Hutchinson (Pittsburgh) headlining our lineup. We do hope you will consider sharing your group's software engineering work in a contributed talk.

As in previous years, we aim to provide a forum for leaders in the CoMSEF community to share and discuss their code and coding practices. Our audience has historically attended to learn about molecular dynamics and Monte Carlo code internals, computational schemes for performing and incorporating first-principles calculations, frameworks for managing data flows, visualization, data analysis, and compiler optimizations. As such, our audience has been enthusiastically receptive to stories ranging from how to on-board new students, to comprehensive explanations of multithreading strategies to accelerate calculations.

Two important reminders:
- The AIChE abstract submission deadline is early this year: April 18.
- Overflow sessions are significantly limited, so expect more competition for oral talks and a higher proportion of high-quality abstracts to be directed to the poster sessions than in the past.

Abstracts can be submitted directly using the orange button at the bottom of this link:
https://aiche.confex.com/aiche/2018/webprogrampreliminary/Session38666.html

We look forward to hearing about your exciting work!
Sincerely,
The 2018 Software Engineering in and for the Molecular Sciences co-Chairs
Heather Kulik
Heather Mayes
and
Eric Jankowski