Since we're suggesting free 'Touchscreen Interactive' solutions - you can
build these very quickly in PowerPoint (or free OpenSource alternatives).
Here's a tutorial that covers the basics:

http://johnsear.com/tutorial-interactive-touchscreen/

It works entirely offline and will run off budget Windows tablets.  You can
also do the same on Raspberry PI (easiest way via exporting to pdf) -
although there are some limitations.

On 22 March 2018 at 16:13, Charlotte Connelly <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I’m writing a design brief for a redevelopment of our interactive touch
> screens in the Polar Museum. I’ll be looking for somebody to develop a
> user-friendly CMS that our team can use to update content as required
> (albeit on our currently non-networked machines) and for them to design an
> attractive user interface for our visitors to interact with.
>

> I know I’m in ‘how long is a piece of string’ territory, but I don’t have
> a good sense of what type of budget to attach to the project. I wondered if
> anybody could share examples of similar projects and what the budgets were
> for them so that I can figure out a sensible figure to work to.
>

> Thanks very much,
>
> Charlotte

> http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/museumscomputergroup [un]subscribe: