Thanks everyone.

Yes, FWIW we use Trello extensively - both in the content shuffling phase and beyond. We’re also huge teamwork.com fans and this now has a "board view” (https://www.teamwork.com/boards) which is basically Trello on steroids. I’d also echo both Dee and Karolina - being able to connect these tools together (Teamwork to Google Drive / Trello to Dropbox for instance) is a winner, and saves on having to move large chunks of stuff around.

(Aside: we use Trello for snagging / bug checking extensively and on the back of client feedback are building a SaaS tool for this - ping me if interested!)

But: Trello gets a bit unwieldy with big projects, and there is also the learning curve issue that Jane mentioned. And, yes, spreadsheets do indeed run the world, goddamit.

Jon - I think the reality about the copyright side of things in my experience is that orgs usually manage this outside of / parallel to the CMS flow, so although there is a requirement to have maybe a copyright caption on images, the heavy lifting with IPTC or other means of metadata tagging isn’t often a CMSy / web project thing or has been dealt with prior to this moment in the project.

The thing I’m thinking about is that at the beginning of a project there is typically a “throw all the things in a pot” thing, after which there is sorting and filtering, editing and moving - and I feel that this bit could be made more intuitive.

Anyway, thanks all. I will keep reading and investigating.

cheers

Mike

Mike Ellis

Thirty8 Digital: a small but perfectly formed digital agency

** NEW: http://wpformuseums.com for people using WordPress in museums **
** Workshops, courses and free downloads: http://trainingdigital.co.uk **