I’ve extracted the sessions that I think will interest members of this list from the full programme for this conference. Full details on the website. R

Celebrating Female Agency in the Arts (New York, 26-27 Jun 18)

Christie's Education, 20 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, June 26 - 27, 2018

This conference celebrates the significant roles women have played and continue to play in the arts and their markets. Sixteen sessions over two days explore women’s diverse contributions to the arts from a transnational and transhistorical perspective, reflecting global and historical diversity. Not advocating for a separate nor alternative history of art and its markets, the conference looks at the central role played by women in the creation, development, support and preservation of the arts and how their contribution has changed over time.

Mapping the Void: Agency of Women within Dynastic Strategies Between the Thirteen and Sixteenth Centuries

Chairs: Claudia Daniotti, Ph.D., Associate Lecturer, Bath Spa University and Andrea Mattiello, Ph.D., School for Advanced Studies Ca’ Foscari/IUAV, Venice; Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies, University of Birmingham and Maria Alessia Rossi, Ph.D., Samuel H. Kress Postdoctoral Researcher at the Index of Christian Art in the Department of Art & Archaeology, Princeton University

Speaker: Lana Sloutsky, Ph.D.

Princely Patronage in Late Medieval and Early Modern Italy and Portugal

Chair: Ana Maria S. A. Rodrigues, Centre of History, University of Lisbon

Speaker: Adelina Modesti, Ph.D. Honorary Associate in Art History, La Trobe University, Maria Barreto Dávila, Ph.D. Post-Doctoral Fellow at CHAM, Cnetre for Humanities, and Carla Alferes Pinto, Ph.D. Post-Doctoral Fellow at CHAm, Centre for Humanities

Ticket Price: $235

For a limited time we are offering an early-bird discount on tickets purchased before March 31, 2018. Please enter CONFERENCE18 at checkout to receive the discount.

Full information about the sessions can be found on our conference microsite: https://www.christies.com/exhibitions/christies-education-conference-celebrating-female-agency-arts?utm_source=ceweb_home&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=conference2018&utm_content=femaleagencyarts#about_Nav