*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

Our next chat is called ‘Engaging distance learners'.

For our April #uklibchat, we are going to take a look at an expanding area of education in further and higher education and which has long been a challenge in public libraries: engaging users who are learning at a distance and who cannot easily or often visit the library in person.  Libraries have made a substantial effort to engage those who are at risk of feeling isolated and divorced by geographical distance from their library.  From dedicated printed guides, postal loans, purchase of ebooks and dedicated Twitter feeds offering tips and advice to the range of services libraries provide exclusively to these distance learners to ‘level the playing field,’ is diverse.  The question is what services, ways of keeping in touch and messages work best and what novel strategies are you all trying?

We look forward to chatting with you on Monday 9th April 19:00 - 20:30 GMT about the challenges you have faced and approaches you have found useful in engaging users who are geographically distant from your library.

Click here to add your questions to the chat agenda.

More information about #uklibchat and how it works, including past feature articles and chat summaries, can be found out our website https://uklibchat.wordpress.com/

Thanks,

The #uklibchat Team.