Hi,

There’s still time to register for the UHMLG Spring Forum.

Friday 23rd March 2018, Royal Society of Medicine, London.

We’ve got great speakers, and a theme that crosses subject and organisational boundaries: Beyond our walls: How to support users beyond the “core”.

What’s more, the lunch at the RSM is second to none, and it’s a great opportunity for networking and catching up with suppliers.

So if you need to think of imaginative ways of supporting your library users beyond their most immediate needs, or if you need to extend the support of your library to people outside the obvious group of core users, this is the day for you.

Hope to see you at the RSM on 23rd March.

Best wishes,
Isla and the University Health and Medical Libraries Group Committee

When: Friday 23rd March 2018, meeting from 10:00-16:00 (registration from 09:00)

Where: Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London

Booking: via Eventbrite

Theme of the meeting: Beyond our walls: How to support users beyond the “core”.

The theme of this year’s Spring Forum is about supporting user groups beyond our “core” users. We all have staff and students of our institution who are the focus of our service delivery. Increasingly universities are being encouraged to consider the public, students of other universities and other discreet groups as being eligible for service delivery and access to resources. What do these other groups need, and how can we support them while not reducing service to our primary service users?
How can we support our own users is ways beyond their immediate “core” needs of reading list/information literacy needs/etc? The spring forum has the answers to these and other questions.

Confirmed speakers include:

Registration is open. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/beyond-our-walls-helping-users-beyond-our-core-registration-41238628849?err=29

Lightning Talks – We’d like to hear from you, because we know that there is lots of interesting and innovative work going on. Could you speak for 5 minutes on….

§  how you support groups outside your “core” users – perhaps through voluntary work, or by allowing an external group to use your library services

§  how you support your “core” users other (perhaps non-academic) needs – perhaps by delivering resources to support a Health & Wellbeing Agenda

What do you have to do?

§  Keep the date in your diary!

§  Think up a topic for a lightning talk. It’s only 5 minutes, and we’d love to hear about what you’re doing – you can add your proposal for a lightning talk via eventbrite booking page.

Isla Kuhn

Medical Librarian

University of Cambridge Medical Library

e: [log in to unmask]

p: (01223) 336756

w: http://library.medschl.cam.ac.uk

library twitter: @cam_med_lib

personal twitter: @ilk21

541aa3ae-22f4-4ed9-bfd4-35cb8d8633b6orcid_24x24          hello-my-name-is-logo-web-small