There are still places available at the 4th User Experience in Libraries conference which this year is in Sheffield on Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 June 2018. UX in Libraries (or UXLibs) is an established international conference which explores and shares user experience research and design thinking techniques with a view to providing information and library services which better meet student needs and behaviours.

We have a very full and exciting programme planned and, as of today, all of our speakers have been announced:

Keynote speakers: Christian Lauersen (Denmark) and Sara Leren (Sweden) who will be presenting on user belonging, equality, openness and inclusive design.

Plenary speakers: Janine Bradbury (UK) and Kit Heyam (UK) are both academics who will explore BAME and trans experience of libraries respectively.

Workshop leaders: Bryony Ramsden (UK), Eva Jirjahlke (UK), John Jung (USA), Carl Barrow (UK) and Shelley Gullikson (Canada) will be presenting workshops on topics such as research data analysis, prototyping and cultural probes.

Paper presenters (announced today): We have 20 papers on a diverse range of topics such as embedding UX and ethnography, creating flexible learning spaces, recruiting for research, black history, eyetracking, accessibility, and web design. Our presenters are: Maria Sindre (Norway), Johan Tilstra (The Netherlands), Nicola Walton (UK), Carrie Moran (USA), Eva-Christina Edinger (Switzerland), Chad Haefele (USA), SuHui Ho (USA), Andrew Cox (UK), Courtney Block (USA), Jade Leonard (UK), Maria O’Hara (UK), Jon Earley (USA), Ben Watson (UK), Angela Groth-Seary (UK), Peter Hald (Denmark), Melissa Nordholt (Denmark), Michelle Blake (UK), Ned Potter (UK), Danielle Cooper (USA), David Clover (UK), Heli Kautonen (Finland), Asa Forsberg (Sweden), Harinder Matharu (UK), Adam Smith (UK), Claire Browne (UK).

Register to attend: http://uxlib.org/uxlibs4/

Our draft programme: http://uxlib.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/UXLibsIV-Draft-Programme-v2.pdf
Paper presenters: http://uxlib.org/2018/03/09/uxlibsiv-paper-presenters/

This year's sponsors are Alterline, EBSCO and ProQuest.

We hope to see you in Sheffield for what promises to be an eye-opening and truly international experience!

Very best,

Andy Priestner, Bryony Ramsden, Matt Borg
UX in Libraries
http://uxlib.org