Hello again Jenny,

I am glad it could be of help. I have been using SciVal/Scopus a lot for about a year now and have become very familiar with things. Charles Martinez from Elsevier has been a really good support whilst learning to use the product (and still is amazing at helping me with things/questions). I am also happy to help you with interpreting the metrics if you want some guidance on that.

For small departments I would investigate a bit further, look at citations per publication, see if there are any publications skewing the results. Try to understand the subject area a bit before reporting. See if the subject areas that make up the FWCI accurately represents the department. I think it is still okay to report the FWCI for small departments as long as you explain what it means and its limitations.

We currently do not have a standard template but would advise to work closely with departments whilst looking at metrics to make sure they understand the data you provide them with. I think we might be looking to develop a template in the future but we are still working on it J

Please feel free to email my personal email ([log in to unmask]) if you would like some help with interpretation of the data.

Kind regards,

Kat

Katrine Sundsbo

Scholarly Communications and Research Support Manager

Library Services

University of Essex

T 01206 873153

E [log in to unmask]

libwww.essex.ac.uk

cid:2D9E9C70-8DF0-4E0D-A2D6-636E16F0AFA3 katrinesundsbo

WE ARE ESSEX

TOP 20 FOR RESEARCH EXCELLENCE

TEF GOLD 2017

cid:image005.png@01D34109.8AA3FB70