From: Gordon Asher <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 07 March 2018 14:41
To: Allett, Nicola
Subject: Re: Learning Development spaces

Hi Nicola et al

Some resources on learning spaces etc that might be of interest attached and below

Lincoln Report 'Learning Landscapes'

Project Website: http://learninglandscapes.lincoln.ac.uk/paradigms-of-place/

The UK Higher Education Learning Space Toolkit

https://www.ucisa.ac.uk/groups/exec/learning_spaces

The UK HE Learning Space Toolkit has been produced by SCHOMS, AUDE and UCISA to help members from all three professional bodies share best practice and work more effectively when creating learning spaces. We would like to thank the numerous colleagues from across the professional associations, and others within the wider higher education community, who have contributed to the production of this Toolkit by sharing their experiences and reviewing content. We hope this Toolkit will serve both as a practical guide and as a source of inspiration in the design of spaces that delight and motivate students, as well as they meet their functional needs.

Members of the Standing Conference for Heads of Media Services (SCHOMS) lead and manage a diverse set of educational, technology, media and institutional support services. They give strategic direction to support and promote excellence in teaching and learning practice through the deployment of classroom technology, AV equipment and innovation in the design of learning spaces.

AUDE, the Association of University Directors of Estates, promotes excellence in the strategic planning, management, operation and development of higher education estates and facilities.

UCISA, the Universities and Colleges Information Systems Association, is a membership organisation representing those responsible for delivering information management systems and technology services in universities, colleges and other institutions.

Sounds like a potentially great opportunity

All best wi it

Work like you don't need money
Love like you've never been hurt
and dance like no-one's watching

"Education either functions as an instrument which is used to facilitate integration of the younger generation into the logic of the present system and bring about conformity or it becomes the practice of freedom, the means by which men and women deal critically and creatively with reality and discover how to participate in the transformation of their world." Paulo Freire (Pedagogy of the Oppressed)

"Education is the point at which we decide whether we love the world enough to assume responsibility for it, and by the same token save it from that ruin which except for renewal, except for the coming of the new and the young, would be inevitable." Hannah Arendt (The Crisis of Education)

"it is impossible to imagine a future unless we have located ourselves in the present and its history; however, the reverse is also true in that we cannot locate ourselves in the present and its history unless we imagine the future and commit to creating it" (Anna Stetsenko, 2015).