Apologies for cross-postings, but please see below a message from a colleague for information on provision for Distance Learners.  Your input is much appreciated.

Dear all

Library and Learning Services at De Montfort University are looking at the way that we support Distance Learners, across all areas of our work. This includes services such as postal loans but also the learning support that we offer these students. We are interested in learning from best practice at other institutions and so would appreciate if you could answer these quick questions:

1. In terms of providing library and support services, how do you define distance learners?
2. If you offer services to these learners, what do you provide and what are your experiences in terms of effectiveness and/or impact?
3. If resourcing wasn't an issue how would you prefer to serve these student?

Please reply directly (off list) or send responses to Anna Richards

We can send collated responses to anyone who is interested, please contact Anna if you would like to know the outcomes of this research.

Many thanks

Anna

Anna Richards, MA, MCLIP, AFHEA

Liaison and Project Librarian (0.68 FTE)

Senior Assistant Librarian (Learning and Teaching, (0.32 FTE))

Directorate of Library and Learning Services

-------------------------

All the best

Chetna

___

Dr Chetna Patel CMath MIMA FSEDA FHEA FRSS

Academic Team Manager: Maths Learning Centre

Treasurer: sigma Network

Library and Learning Services

DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY

The Gateway