London/M25 ALDinHE Regional Symposium Meeting

Learning Development Resource Showcase

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

St Mary’s University, Twickenham

Friday 22nd June 2018, 10am – 3.30pm

Learning Development at St Mary’s University invites you to a Resource Showcase as part of the London/M25 ALDinHE Regional Symposia series. This symposium welcomes colleagues in Learning Development to share and discuss examples of embedded resources and activities across a range of disciplines and skills.

Submit a Proposal

Proposals are invited for presentations on the following areas (although you are also welcome to suggest something outside this list!): Academic writing; Planning and structuring assignments; Critical thinking/analysis; Exam preparation; Dissertation support. We particularly encourage proposals that demonstrate discipline-specific resources.

§  Presentation: A 20-minute presentation on a discipline-specific resource or activity.

§  Lightning talk: A 5 minute presentation on a resource or activity you have developed.

§  Roundtable discussion: Lead a discussion on an LD topic of your proposing.

Please email an abstract of your proposal in no more than 250 words to Laura Minogue ([log in to unmask]) including details on the skill being taught, a description of the resource and a clear link to the discipline. Proposals for roundtable discussions should include the topic and rationale for discussion and also be no more than 250 words

The deadline for proposals is Friday 13th April 2018.

Registration for the Symposium will open in April.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Best wishes,

Laura Minogue

http://staffnet/services-departments/marketing-design-communication/PublishingImages/New-VID-Templates-Downloads/Logos/Logo-with-Crest/St-Marys-Logo-With-Crest-TEF-Silver.jpg

Laura Minogue FHEA

Learning Development Lecturer

Directorate of Learning & Teaching

St Mary’s University

Waldegrave Road

Twickenham

TW1 4SX

Room D18 ext 4377 (Monday – Thursday)

Disclaimer

This email may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, we are sorry that you have received this email in error. Please note that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender, do not open any attachments, and delete the email immediately.

Any views and opinions are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of St Mary's University Twickenham.

Please rely on your own anti-malware software. No responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any infection.

We reserve the right to monitor e-mail messages passing through our network as permitted under UK law.