From: Discussion list for Shibboleth developments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anwar Mahmood
Sent: 28 March 2018 14:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Shibboleth - External Authentication to AD FS?

[apologies for multiple replies; using the web interface which doesn't show previous messages]

With regards to...

However, I think what you are looking for is probably an immediate solution utilising ADFS.   Peter raised a very good point about ADFS operating in a SAML federation, and our findings about ADFS in the UK federation can be found here [3], in short it's not suitable and as result we have very low numbers of ADFS entities (systems) registered in the UK federation, and one possibly or partially operating.

...yes, I saw those limitations.  I have referred my Microsoft Account Manager to that page, and asked he refer it to Microsoft's AD FS product manager.  If I hear anything, I will certainly share here!

With regards to...

 "integration with ADFS whether that's SAML or"

...yes, that's exactly what I had in mind; are there any recipes out there?  It's easy enough in AD FS; add the relying party using Shibboleth metadata.  I don't know at the Shibboleth end.  It's a little frustrating that there are two products, Shibboleth IdP and Shibboleth SP, different version tracks, but often online references don't specify which.

Kind regards,

Anwar