Dear Colleagues

At the moment my department only awards a distinction in spoken language in final year at level C1/C2. This means that since Italian is only a minor, and the Italian final year course is classified as B2, students can never obtain a distinction, even if they are excellent, sometimes even achieving effectively C1 level.

I would be interested to know, please, if your universities award distinction, and perhaps merit, in courses at different levels, rather than just in final year at C1/C2 level and what criteria are used.

Thank you very much.

Michela Masci

Senior Teaching Associate in Italian

International Partnerships Officer

Department of Languages and Cultures

Lancaster University

Lancaster LA1 4YN

United Kingdom

tel +44 1524 593007

fax +44 1524 593924

email [log in to unmask]

http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/languages-and-cultures/

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies