Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that Dublin City University is launching a new MSc in Climate Change: Policy, Media and SocietyThe programme is now open for applications, with a first intake of students in September 2018.

This innovative programme examines how societies can respond to climate change across the spheres of politics, regulation, law, education and the media. It will equip students with subject knowledge and analytical skills to enable them to play a part in shaping the transition to a decarbonised and climate resilient future.

The programme brings together diverse social science perspectives on the challenges posed by climate change, including politics and governance, law, media and communications, societal transition and education, while also giving students a grounding in the science of climate change.

I would be most grateful if you could share details with final year undergraduate students and others who might be interested. Please also share within relevant networks.

Full details of the programme, including how to apply, are available here. We have created a Facebook page here. For those of you on Twitter, my pinned tweet announces the launch of the programme, and retweets would be appreciated. I am attaching a Powerpoint slide with relevant information (remember to select "Keep source formatting" if pasting into another ppt file) as well as a pdf of a promotional post card. I can send printed copies of this post card for distribution if that would be helpful.

I would be happy to answer any questions from prospective applicants. Many thanks in advance for your help in spreading the word about the programme.

Best wishes,

Diarmuid

--
Dr. Diarmuid Torney
Assistant Professor

Tel: +353 1 700 6468  |  Skype: diarmuidtorney  |  Twitter: @diarmuidtorney

Course director, MSc in Climate Change: Policy, Media and Society
European Climate Leadership in Question: Policies toward China and India (MIT Press, 2015)

Recent journal articles:
Diarmuid Torney (2017), If at first you don’t succeed: The development of climate change legislation in Ireland, Irish Political Studies, 32(2): 247–267.
Conor Little & Diarmuid Torney, eds. (2017), Symposium on the politics of climate change in Ireland, Irish Political Studies, 32(2).
Olivia Gippner & Diarmuid Torney (2017), Shifting policy priorities in EU-China energy relations: Implications for Chinese energy investments in Europe, Energy Policy, 101: 649–658.

Séanadh Ríomhphoist/Email Disclaimer

Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Read more here.