Hi Billy,

1 - have a look at our papers on the German Lignite mines where we even excavated some faults in 3D - look for papers by Michael Kettermann et al.

2 - the best kept secret on coal and faults is the subsurface database of the German Ruhr Coal which is documented in detail by the Geological Survey of NRW. Look for papers by Drozdzewski and Wrede

kind regards,

Janos

Prof. Dr. Janos L. Urai
Structural Geology, Tectonics and Geomechanics
RWTH Aachen University, Lochnerstrasse 4-20
D-52056 Aachen, Germany
T: +49 241 809 5723 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
www.ged.rwth-aachen.de