Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract and attend our session (03g) at Goldschmidt 2018 in Boston entitled "Building the crust top to bottom: linking thermal, chemical, and deformational histories with petrochronology, thermochronology, and novel low-T techniques"

We seek novel applications of existing or developing geochemical and isotopic methods to explore temperature windows inaccessible by traditional thermochronometers alone, and/or integrate low- and high-temperature burial regimes to better constrain comprehensive profiles of the thermal expressions of tectonic processes over entire crustal blocks. This session aims to promote interdisciplinary discourse and future collaborations between investigators in the low- and high-temperature crustal deformation communities, including but not limited to the fields of noble gas thermochronology, radiogenic petrochronology, clumped isotope thermometry, and fluid-rock chemistry.

Confirmed invited speakers for this session are:

Robert Holder (University of California at Santa Barbara)
Dawn Kellett (Geological Survey of Canada)
Xavier Mangenot (Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris)

To submit your abstract, go to the Goldschmidt website: https://goldschmidt.info/2018/abstracts. Abstract deadline is March 30 (tomorrow!!). We look forward to seeing you in Boston!

Conveners: Miquela Ingalls (CU Boulder); Catherine Mottram (University of Portsmouth); Max Lloyd (UC Berkeley); Pierre Lanari (University of Bern)

All the best,
Catherine