From: Metamorphic Studies Group <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sebastián Verdecchia <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:18:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: identifying altered cordierite

Hi all, In addition to Dave's comments, in the last images from pdf file that attached Carl, is possible to observed haloes surrounding zircons (?).
On the other hand, we recognized And/Cd post-St/Gr/Ky in micaceous schist from Sierra de Ancasti of Argentina and interpreted as a decompression stage, from 590º-5kb to ca. 560-3.5 kb (Verdecchia et al JMG 2013, 31, 131-146).

Regards,

Sebastián

Just what I was thinking!
Needs a clockwise P-T path.
Later Crd/And in St schist can happen in the Lhotse schists on Mt Everest, which loop through 5.5 kbar, peak in low 600s, return via ~3 kbar

Waiting for Dave Pattison now ...

Dave

Dave Waters, Metamorphic Petrologist
  (1) Department of Earth Sciences,   South Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3AN
  (2) University Museum of Natural History, Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3PW
  Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>         Tel:    +44 1865 272000
  http://www.earth.ox.ac.uk/~davewa/         Direct: +44 1865 282457