Dear Colleagues,

as some of you may be aware, together with Dr Anna Misiak, I have founded MAI: A JOURNAL OF FEMINISM AND VISUAL CULTURE. Our first issue is due out in April and we have a wonderful list of contributors. We also have brought together a diverse collective of scholars, writers, artists, designers, poets and activists who work on our board. Our aim is to bring experimental, boundary-pushing, intersectional feminist enquiry to a broad audience via a free, open access facility that operates outside of the constraints of academic publishing and paywalls.

In order to ensure our survival as an alternative collective, we need to raise money to so that we can maintain our website and build the journal into a print version. We also hope, eventually, to host an annual conference that operates via workshops rather than traditional papers.

Please consider backing our Kickstarter campaign and sharing the campaign with those who may be interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/47800340/mai-an-open-access-feminist-journal-on-visual-cult

Both Anna Misiak and I, as well as the team at MAI, would be ever so grateful for your help and support.

Very best wishes

Anna Backman Rogers

1508352728909_mai-logo-XS.jpg
Dr Anna Backman Rogers | Founding Editor/Editor-in-Chief
MAI: Feminism & Visual Culture

Senior Lecturer in Feminism and Visual Culture. University of Gothenburg, Sweden.

Selected Publications:

American Independent Cinema: Rites of Passage and The Crisis Image (EUP 2015)

Feminisms, co-edited with Laura Mulvey (AUP 2015)

Sofia Coppola: The Politics of Visual Pleasure (Berghahn 2017)

Female Authorship and the Documentary Image: Theory, Practice and Aesthetics, co-edited with Boel Ulfsdotter (EUP 2017)

Female Agency and Documentary Strategies: Subjectivities, Identity, and Activism, co-edited with Boel Ulfsdotter (EUP 2017)