Leeds Trinity University is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the following programmes:

BA (Hons) Sport and Exercise Sciences

BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Sciences (Sports Nutrition)

BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning

BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching

Specifications for the position are:

·        Academic background in delivering on Sport and Exercise Science or related programmes in HE.

·        Experience of working in Sports Science settings

·        Knowledge of HE processes essential

·        Experience of delivering sports coaching programmes desirable

·        Experience of working in Sports Coaching settings desirable

Further information about the programmes on offer is available at: http://www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/courses/sport-and-physical-education

The appointment is to commence in academic year 2018/19 for a period of 4 years. Leeds Trinity employs the UK criteria for the appointment of external examiners, which can be found in section 3.3 of our External Examiners’ Handbook available at:

http://www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/external-examiners

Previous experience as an external examiner would be an advantage, although a mentor can be arranged for those new to the role and an induction to the University is provided.  We positively welcome applications from minority ethnic groups and from those from other underrepresented groups in authoritative higher education positions.

The role requires attendance at the University campus at key points in the year and therefore applicants should be based in the UK.

To express an interest or receive further information, please contact Catherine Rowlands, [log in to unmask], with a copy of your CV by 16 April 2018 (do not use the ‘reply’ button to respond to this email as it will reply to the full list). We are looking to appoint to the role by the end of May.

In order to avoid any potential conflicts of interest we unfortunately cannot accept applications from the following universities: Abertay University, University of Worcester, Southampton Solent University, Edge Hill University, Liverpool John Moores University and University of Chester

Kirsty Priestley

Academic Quality Officer

Leeds Trinity University, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5HD

+44 (0) 113 283 7340  |  Email [log in to unmask]  |  www.leedstrinity.ac.uk