Of course publishing in general, and university presses in particular, are struggling.
I had no reply from Arizona and Duke, when I still was in that world, and a negative from MIT.
Can I recommend Open Book Publishers for example - part-time Cambridge dons - who offer a good academic OA alternative. Join Chomsky and Sen in the author list. www.openbookpublishers.com

The others on my growing list are here . Yep there are sometimes author fees, but not always.

Anarchist publishers
http://activedistributionshop.org/

African Minds  A South African Publisher established in 2012, serving the continent.  Costs are borne by authors or sometimes waived. http://www.africanminds.co.za

Amherst College Press  https://acpress.amherst.edu/about/

ANU ePress (now ANU Press). Mainly but not exclusively to support the academic community of ANU.  Some really good books in a variety of fields. Quality controlled and nicely indexed, at least in Australia. There are fees if an author is not at ANU, mainly to pay for copyediting. Recommended by friends.  http://press.anu.edu.au/books

Concordia University Press Getting going in 2018. https://www.concordia.ca/press/about.html

COUNTERPRESS. ‘Critical legal theory and the ‘critical humanities’’. Not for profit. Oxford based. Downloads are ‘pay what you can’. Author costs unknown. http://counterpress.org.uk/

e-International Relations publications Bristol. Some good books, PDF download or purchase.   http://www.e-ir.info/publications/

Éditions science et bien commun, Canada. Publishes in French. No fees unless you have some money.  “ÉSBC ne demandent pas de contribution financière aux auteurs et auteures. Par contre, si ces derniers ont des ressources financières et peuvent contribuer en nature ou en argent à la fabrication, à l’impression ou à la diffusion d’un livre, un don aux ÉSBC sera très apprécié” http://www.editionscienceetbiencommun.org/

HAU Press. Ethnography. Costs seem to be borne by contributing departments of anthropology and libraries, but they are opaque on this point. http://haubooks.org/

Institute of Network Cultures. Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, published books and other forms. http://networkcultures.org/

Mattering Press Science and technology studies. Produced by a university collective from Lancaster and Goldsmith’s in the UK. New in 2016, looks like author costs are £3,000 a book (but they have some funds), but then freely available CCBY to read. http://www.matteringpress.org/

Mayfly Books. Linked to Ephemera journal and publishing on organisational topics. Fees unknown. http://mayflybooks.org/

Meson Press. “digital cultures and networked media”. German publishers. http://meson.press

Open Book Publishers   Cambridge UK based, where some of the staff also work at the University. Equivalent to a good  Humanities and Social Sciences university press, and N. Chomsky and A. Sen have both published with them.  Author costs: probably  £3,500 – £5,000 dep. on length of manuscript & no. of images   www.openbookpublishers.com

Open Humanities Press.  “…an international, scholar-led open access publishing collective whose mission is to make leading works of contemporary critical thought freely available worldwide” http://openhumanitiespress.org/books

Praxis (e)Press.  Same geography publishers as the ACME journal at the University of British Columbia, Kelowna, Canada. Only 4 books published. Costs unknown, but they were one of the early producers in the discipline geography. It could still be worth asking if they are operating.   http://www.praxis-epress.org

Punctum Books. “…dedicated to radically creative modes of intellectual inquiry and writing across a whimsical para-humanities assemblage”. US based. Author costs are sought from employers and funding bodies, but can be waived if not available. https://punctumbooks.com

re-press  Publishes contemporary philosophy. Based in Melbourne. Fees unknown, and not all books are free to download.  http://re-press.org/

Ubiquity Press  Typical cost to authors – depending on length of manuscript and number of images £2,750-£3,250.  They also publish a number of journals, some of them ‘flipped’ from the big publishers, with APCs of about £400. I generally don’t list those.  http://www.ubiquitypress.com/site/books/

UCL Press open access books. A new initiative in 2016 from a big university, that used to publish differently. Cost to non-UCL authors £5000 up to 100,000 words, with waivers possible. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press

University of California Press, Luminos. Luminos is [like at UCL Press above], an OA press in a big university. Author fees “The author will be asked to secure $7,500 either from their home institution and/or another independent funding source. For faculty in the University of California system the reduced amount is $5,000”. So if you have a wealthy employer, maybe you are ok. https://www.luminosoa.org/

UTS ePress. A university press in Sydney, Australia. Several books published. Costs unknown. https://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/books

University of Westminster Press  BPCs are charged, except on certain series. Uses the Ubiquity Press platform, which is good. Mainly humanities and social sciences. https://www.uwestminsterpress.co.uk/site/publish/

Members of the Radical Open Access collective http://www.openhumanitiespress.org/about/radical-open-access/

Source
https://simonbatterbury.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/list-of-decent-open-access-journals/