Anyone know how to add a box to Google Maps with all the symbols that have used on that particular map, different icons and colours,  with a brief description of what each colour/icon means? Either on the map or on the left-hand box. I guess one could include some icons that one has located up in the Arctic that don't link to anything real and label those in the LHS box, but that seems a rather clunky solution.

I had in mind some box in a spare area of the map, like the N Sea or Atlantic Ocean. All I can find on the Web is stuff that's essentially in computer code language - any plain English instructions out there?

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
Director and Senior Research Consultant
Shaw Food Solutions
Newport