From: CCP4 bulletin board <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Ruud Hovius <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 5:50 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] A helix with leucine repeats

an amphiphatic helix ? if so a classical motif of membrane binding peptides

Best greetings, Ruud

On 3/3/18 21:51, Cheng Zhang wrote:
Hi all,

We recently got a structure of a transmembrane protein. There is a helix that is parallel to the membrane. The function of this helix is not known and we are trying to make some hypothesis. A unique feature is that there are repeated leucine residues on this helix facing the lipids. I am wondering if anyone has seen a similar pattern and could suggest possible function, e.g. membrane anchoring?

Thanks!

Best,

Cheng

[cid:part1.B5B5C011.C9B361F1@epfl.ch]