Dear Jacob and Gerard,

we performed a statistical analysis of anisotropy of the entire PDB, with a special focus on membrane proteins (Jacb, your other post).
You can find more details on this article: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17216-1

We also performed an analysis by space group, not reported in the article, but not seeing anything coming out. The data used in the article is being reviewed at the moment to be available for you to play with. Hopefully, the reviewer is going to read your posts and is going to agree on the importance of analyzing this phenomenon.

all the best
Vincent